Monday 13 October 2014

Definition Post - Shape

Definition of "Shape" - the external form, contours, or outline of someone or something.

Adjectives to describe and/or relate to the word "Shape" - symmetrical, straight, round, 2D, 3D, geometric, pointed, angle, irregular, regular, proportion, line, side, surface, asymmetrical, quadrilateral, familiar, outline, form, onside, outside, interior, exterior, pattern, repetition, structure, arched, architecture, common.

The four images below are the images that I have chosen from the internet to represent the idea of shape. The first image is of a pattern of the shape of a hexagon. I like that this photo shows a commonly known shape, and therefore we know straight away what it is. However, we can not see the entire body of the object, and so we don't know what the image is a close-up of. The second photograph I have chosen is of a street, with a few sphere concrete balls planted on the pavement. I like this image because it is peculiar, but at the same time interesting. I also like that it is in black and white, so that we can see the dark grey of the sphere in comparison to the white, plain pavement. I chose the third image because the shape of a house is familiar, which allows the viewer to relate and identify with the photo. Also, i like how bright and colourful the toy-block houses are. Lastly, I chose this image of a hallway because the arch isn't just one shape, but two - a square and a semi-circle, and we can see this clearly in the photo. I also like that the image has depth, and therefore the pattern of the shape of the arch is repeated throughout the photo.





My own definition of Shape - the exterior outline of an object or person, which signifies it's/their form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment