Thursday 23 October 2014

Work Diary - Studio Back of Head Portraiture

Evaluation

I did this shoot after the Location Back of Head Portraits, so I had developed a technique in how to take the images, and how to make them look interesting. I enjoyed taking photographs in the studio because I was able to change the colour of the background, and use different angles. I especially liked using the lighting in the studio because it made the photos brighter. The only trouble I had when taking these photographs was making sure that they were in focus, and to do this I had to make sure that the centre of the camera was focused on the back of the person's head. 


This is my favourite and best image of all the photographs I took, because I like that the person's hair and jumper stands out among the white background. As the background is so plain, we are able to concentrate on the details of the model's hair and clothing. I also made sure that the person was centred in the image, so that it was in direct eye-line. 


This is the worst image that I took. Firstly, you can see around the black background, which distracts the viewer from the main focal point. The photo is also slightly blurry, which is obvious when looking at the model's hair. Also, I really dislike the angle at which this photograph was taken. 

Progression

If I were to continue with this topic I would make sure that all my images were in focus before actually taking them. I would also like to explore with different angles and positioning's of the person in the image, instead of just centring the image all the time. Another concept I would like to attempt is to try and make the photographs more interesting as the shoot became a bit repetitive, like using a wider variety of coloured backgrounds, or making the model stand in different ways instead of just straight. These are some of the Back of Head portraits that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:






No comments:

Post a Comment