Monday 13 October 2014

Image Bank - Shape

Internet Images



I chose this image because the end of the pipes represent a circle, and therefore represent shape. I like that we can see various angles of the pipes as well as the different lengths. When I first looked at this photo, I thought of shapes straight away as a circle is one of the most common shapes to identify. 


This photo is a little less obvious about shape than the first. I think this photo is of an edge of a building, but the outline looks like a triangle, and then inside the frame there are many other shapes like rectangles, triangles and squares. I like that this photo isn't so obvious, as it lets the viewer represent and interpret it in different ways. 


This photo has been taken below of a building, and so, the building appears as a triangle, but in reality at a different angle, the building is a rectangle. It appears as a triangle in the photo because we can see the two sides that connect at a point, and then we identify this with the idea of a triangle. This represents shape because it is obvious that the building is the main focus, particularly as it is the brightest colour of the image.


This photo is one of my favourites as it is so bizarre and unique. This photo is so extraordinary because the idea of a giant, round, red ball bouncing in the middle of a street, is abnormal. I like that the street is quite dull in comparison to the brightly coloured ball. Obviously, the main focus of this image is the ball and therefore, straight away we think of the shape of a circle, and so this photograph represents the formal element of shape. 


This image also represents shape as it shows the outline of an arrow, within a rectangle. I like that we can see two different shapes that are commonly known and therefore, obvious. I also like that the sign which displays these two shapes, is along the entire curve of the road, so it is repeated all the way through the image, from the foreground to the background.


I chose this image because depending on the way you look at it, you can either see the shape of a diamond or a square. I like that this photo has many interpretations as every viewer will see it differently. I also like that this photo of a fence has been taken against the sky as a background, and so there is nothing to distract the viewer away from the shape and outline of the fence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment