Thursday 23 October 2014

Work Diary - Location Back of Head Portraiture

Evaluation 

I began this shoot for Location Back of Head Portraiture before the Studio Back of Head Portraits, so I was still developing the technique at this point. To begin with, I struggled to make the background blurry, and therefore focus the camera on the person. However, in some of the images that I took, I did actually achieve the blurred effect in the background. I enjoyed this shoot because I as able to use a wide variety of locations to create interesting backgrounds, for instance, I used walls, plants, trees, buildings etc., which made my photographs all the more interesting and different from each other. 


This is my best photograph that I took because I like how the girl in the image is in focus, as well as the tree, but the background isn't. We can see that the woman in the background on the right is blurred, and so we focus on the centre of the image, which is where the girl is standing. I also like this image because the wind has blown the girls hair back, so we can see the movement of her hair. 


This is my worst photo because the entire photo is blurred. Obviously, this is where I have attempted to focus the shot on the person, but have let go of the button and therefore, made the complete image blurry. However, if this photo was focused on the model, it would have been a really good photo because we can see DVD's through the window of the building, which makes the background interesting. Particularly as there is more colour in the background than there is on the model, as she has brown hair and a black jacket on. 

Progression

If I were to carry on taking photographs for this topic, I would use more interesting and busy backgrounds and also, make sure they are blurred. This would then emphasise the main subject of the image, which would be the back of the person's head, as they would then be the only aspect of the photo in focus. I would also like to use different angles, and not just centre the image with the person standing straight, in the middle. These are some of the Back of Head portraits that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:




No comments:

Post a Comment