Wednesday 1 October 2014

Work Diary - Tone

Evaluation 

Taking photos of tone wasn't particularly difficult as it was just shooting black-and-white photos. However, the challenging aspect of this topic was finding objects, landscapes, buildings etc., which present both dark and light tones within a photograph. I liked this topic because I was able to explore the different contrasts in an image. Most of the images that I took are of nature such as trees, plants, leaves and flowers because they present tone well, as they create shadows within and upon themselves.


This is the best photo that I took because we are able to see both dark and light tones from the black and white aspects of the image. Also, we are able to see other tones from the pathway. I believe this is my best photo as it represents all variations of tones as well as differentiates them. 


This is my worst photo as there is no differentiation in tone, as all the colours are similar and so they all appear light and grey. This photo is rather dull because there is no dark tones or shadows which would make it more interesting. 

Progression

If I were to take photographs of tone again, I would try to pay attention to the details of what I was taking photographs of, so I could interpret whether they'd show a variation of tones from dark to light. In order to do this I would have to look for things that had a variety of colour, and therefore would be transferred as different types of tone in the image I take. These are some of the Tone photographs that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:








No comments:

Post a Comment