Thursday 2 October 2014

Work Diary - Movement

Evaluation

Obviously taking photographs of movement is difficult because you can't actually see what you are taking a photo of, as realistically movement cannot be seen. However, I enjoyed this topic because it was the most outrageous and creative. I managed to take photos with the camera moving and the subject still and vice-versa, so I used different techniques to establish movement within my photographs. Also, this topic was particularly interesting because the photographs were actually meant to be blurred which just made it more entertaining. 


I believe the photo above is my best photograph because you can see what it is of, but you can also see the blur of the movement. In this image you can see the computers, desk and chairs, but where I have moved the camera really quickly, we are able to see the movement of which I did so, which takes up the majority of the image, making it the main focal point. This means that when people look at this photo they will know exactly what it is meant to represent. I like this photograph because of the range of colours shown. 


I think this image is my worst photo as I attempted to capture the movement of the door shutting, but didn't quite catch it, and therefore the door and the photo itself is still quite in focus. Only a little bit of blur is shown, and so, only a little bit of movement is shown. 

Progression

If I were to shoot images of movement again, I would attempt to be more outrageous and creative with the photographs I was taking. Also, I'd like to take photos of vehicles and objects which move really fast, because they would show movement extremely well, because the speed of the vehicle/object would make the photo really blurry and therefore, show movement. I would also like to take more colourful photographs, and to do this I would have to take photographs of more colourful objects and scenes. These are some of Movement photographs that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:





No comments:

Post a Comment