Wednesday 1 October 2014

Work Diary - Reflection

Evaluation

When shooting images for reflection, it was difficult not to get myself in the image, as obviously I would be reflected in the shiny surface or mirror as well. To prevent this from happening, I had to angle the camera a certain way so it caught a reflection without me in it. However, in some images I used myself as the example of a reflection anyway. The only slight difficulty with this topic was finding a surface that was shiny enough to even catch a reflection. Furthermore, I enjoyed this topic because it was so interesting to look for reflections, specifically those that are discrete, such as ones formed in a building etc. I also enjoyed finding reflections in places, which I wouldn't expect to see a reflection at all, like a camera lens or somebody's eye.


I think the photo above is my best photo as it is clear as to what the photo is meant to suggest. We can evidently see the reflection of the building in the window against it. I also like that the actual building is in line with it's reflection, so it looks as though the building is just ongoing through the window glass. 


This is the worst photo that I took during the shoot because the reflection isn't clearly seen. We can vaguely see the sky in the window reflections but as it was a dreary day, the sky wasn't very bright and therefore makes it's reflection dark. This makes the entire photo dull, and therefore pointless because the aim was to show reflection and this image doesn't do that. 

Progression

If I were going to carry on with this topic, I would try to explore the variations of which I could take photographs of, For example, I would look for and capture unique and unusual reflections such as the light reflection from a drink or a puddle, or take a better photo of the reflection from somebody's eye. I would also like to capture a person's reflection, as most of my shots from this shoot were from building windows and objects. These are some of the Reflection photographs that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:








No comments:

Post a Comment