Sunday 12 October 2014

Image Bank - Texture

Internet Images



I chose this image because it is colourful due to the yellow in the rock. I like that the texture is so defined to the point that we can see what the surface would feel like. The various colours allow us to see the texture in different ways, as in the darker shade it looks more rough in comparison to the light shades, where it looks slightly more smooth.


This image attracted me because it is black and white, and therefore the shadows are more evident and intense. Because of this, the texture is extremely obvious, which is why I chose to include it in the post. I like that we are able to see the texture of the tree from up-close as well as further away. 


I like that this photo represents both colour and texture. As the lighting is quite bright in this image, we can see the formation of the shadows between the peeling paint cracks, which shows us the texture of the wall. I like that the paint that is peeling is green, but underneath the wall is white. The texture of the peeling paint looks sharp and rigid. 


Like the photo of the tree, I especially like this photo because it is in black and white, as the shadows that have been formed by the texture are more enhanced. This means we get a better sense of what the texture of the surface feels like, as we can see the shadows that it has formed because of it. This is a close-up image of a car tire, however it doesn't look like it, because the angle makes the tire appear flat, rather than round.


This is one of my favourite images I have found. I like how this photo is so bright and colourful, but still doesn't deflect from the representation of texture. The lighting of this image is also very bright, which is an advantage for the texture. This is because the lighting indicates where the texture is forming between the seeds on the strawberry, making the surface look bumpy. 


As with the other black and white images, this image shows better shadows than it would if it were in colour, and therefore enhances the texture of the wood and rusted metal chain. I like that we can see three different textures in this image, from the grass in the background, the wood and then the chain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment