Thursday 16 October 2014

Work Diary - Shape

Evaluation

Shape was quite difficult to take photographs of because I struggled to find the right objects to represent it. However, during the shoot, I tried to take as many photos as possible of every outline of an object that I saw, so the image would show it's shape and format. This topic was interesting because it wasn't as restricted as some of the other topics, and therefore, I was able to explore various types of angles and subjects to take photos of. 


This is my best photo because it shows a variety of different outlined shapes such as triangles, trapeziums and rectangles. I also like that some of these shapes formed within the roof are at an angle, and so are slightly diagonal in the images because the roof reaches a point in the centre which makes the shapes like this. I also like that the image looks black and white, even though I took it in colour.


This is my worst image as I tried to get the shape of the sculpture within the photo, but failed as you can't actually see the bends and twists within the metal. I think I zoomed in so much that you can barely see what the photo is of, and that's why I have lost the entire shape of the sculpture. 

Progression

If I were to continue taking photographs of shape, I would attempt at finding more extreme examples, like shapes within architecture, as this would be more interesting. Also, I think that I'd need to explore various ideas and concepts which link to shape, in order to create photographs that represent shape well. These are some of Shape photographs that i have found on the internet which i aspire to achieve if i ever add to this topic:






No comments:

Post a Comment